[Dailydrool] Oregon Bassets

Cary Riker caryriker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:08:49 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,
I've never written before, but I've been lurking out there for a few months,
reading all of your wonderful posts!  I live in Oregon with my husband, our
two cats, and our two-year-old rescued Basset, Macy.  (I wish I had more
Bassets, but that's all the husband will permit--at the moment. He's still
new to Bassets and has yet to fully succumb to their power.)

I was wondering if there is anyone else from Oregon or SW Washington out
there.

Also, I wanted to let you know that the Oregon Humane Society just rescued a
number of animals from a hoarder, and it looks like there are some Bassets!
Here's a link to the video:
http://www.oregonhumane.org/news/stories/WestLinnRescue.asp

Also, there is a great Basset event coming soon in Oregon, the Basset Hound
Games the weekend of July 17th!  It's hosted by the Oregon Basset Hound
Rescue.  Their website still has last year's flier posted, but they are
doing the event again this year!
http://www.oregonbassethoundrescue.com/

Take care,
Cary