[Dailydrool] Eating agression

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 20:14:59 PDT 2010

 Not an expert but since one of our four arrived with food agression issues we have to have a process for mealtimes which works.  Like another drooler mentioned all the bowls are filled on the counter and then the hounds are fed by pack order.  Three eat in the kitchen and Dudley, "Mr. touch my bowl or come near me while I am eating and you die." eats separately in another room.  They must all sit first before the bowl is placed in front of them and wait for the "okay, eat" command.  It seems to work.

Don't let Cassiti be in charge.  She needs to know YOU are alpha dog and if she is unpleasant, demanding or aggressive she will NOT eat.  Don't put her food in her bowl while on the floor.  Be consistent - doing so reinforces the fact that food comes from Mama and only with good behavior.

Good luck!

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley