[Dailydrool] Gina

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 00:34:08 PDT 2010

Our Drool Family has been hit with so much sadness for the last few months
that I find myself in tears everyday.

Gina I am so sorry about your diagnosis but I truly believe in the power of positive
thinking.  As a cancer survivor I know what you are going through.  I know the
emotional pain, the fear and yes, even the anger that we sometimes don't share with
others.  Please don't keep it looked up inside.  Stress takes away your ability to fight
the battle.  I use to take a drive to places that I loved.  Sometimes it was a remote place
in the mountains where I could just scream my anger.  Other times it was the rugged
coast were I imagined myself being the crashing waves against the land (the cancer).
Like the waves I would not give up even though the battle was so hard.  Sometimes
those places were just somewhere I could go to sob my heart out.

Because I was married with two young children at the time there was just times that
I need to get away and cleanse my soul without having to worry about "being strong"
for my family and friends.  I can't tell you how much those little getaways did for me.

Karen and The Dog House Gang
Volunteer/Foster for Golden Gate Basset Rescue
http://www.ggbassetrescue.org/