[Dailydrool] Father's Day and a touch of love

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 20:36:33 PDT 2010

Shelby is getting by and surviving.  She is really having trouble navigating the house.  Can't seem to remember where things are but is making it.  She is sitting under my foot right now.  For her, love is all bout the touch.  She can't see us and can't hear us very well, but she can feel.  Her "pacifier" is one of touch.  She must be touching someone in order to feel safe.  When I come and sit down at the couch, she snooters my leg up and down like it is an ear of corn.  It is so sweet.  She will lay at my feet as long as one of them is on her.  She loves a good chin scritch with toes as well as fingers.  She is resuming her bellowing for food and today, when the boy who hates all hair left the house, she howled.  She actually howled.  He gives her full body massages when he thinks no one is watching.  She thinks he is wonderful.  And she still sleeps with the teenage slave.  Last night he put her in the middle of his bed and went to brush his teeth.  When he came back she had scooted up and was sleeping with her head on his pillow.  He lay down next to her so she put her head on his shoulder and snored in his ear.  She loves her sleep and loves her peeps too.

In the last two days, everyone has had a bath except for Davinci who runs if anyone looks like they are heading for a bathtub.  There have been a few insects seen in the fur.  We us a preventive or what ever it is.  Just what does it do?  They will get this months dose this week.  Should I be seeing these things if we use the stuff.  We use Frontline, I think.  Why am I seein critters?   The cat had them too and he was very angry with me over the bath.  He didn't purr for at least 24 hours.  We are ok now but he really held a grudge.

We want to wish all the fathers a Happy Father's Day today.  Basset daddies are very important.  They have the best laps and give the best belly rubs according to some short legged mammals.  We also learned something today.  My two legger boys gave their father a unique gift.  They tried out all of the smoke alarms this morning and they work well as alarm clocks.  They set my piano on fire.  A unique way to start the week.  Apparently a candle they blew out didn't blow out and they went to sleep.  The smoke detectors got them up.  Only part of the top was burned.  It could have been a lot worse.  The girls didn't react at all to the noise.  Every time the two leggers do something, I keep telling myself it could have been worse.  I just wish they would stop doing things where I have to say that.  The DH keeps saying things like this can be a chapter in my book. The one I need to write about all the things that go on.

Good night.  Blow out all candles.  Check your smoke detectors.  Check your teenagers.  And hug the bassets.  We will also massage the cat, if he is speaking to me tonight.  Davinci is still hiding.

Snooters and drool to all.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby with one clean fluffy cat and one invisible kitty, for now and the mom who is going to try to sleep and not dream about disasters