[Dailydrool] Timmy's in that damn well!

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 00:34:34 PDT 2010

buster brown has a routine he does where he will answer a battery of questions for me.  are you happy?  are you hungry?  do you want to go home? etc.  he will run down a list of his friends (is brad your friend, etc) and then depending on his mood he will give you a big arrooo or a little one or even none and turn his head.   he will wish people happy birthday and at the last pet expo over valentines day weekend he wished many people valentines day wishes .  but by far the most favorite requested question and answer he does is the "is timmy in the well?"  and the follow up question..."is timmy a moron?"  he always gives big huge arroos for those.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WixrviM6NWc  here is a short video some friends filmed of him in action at the dog park (i hope it comes thru)

he loves doing this and will sit for hours answering these questions working the crowd..in some sort of get
 up...and people love
 it.  i think at valentines day we made $160 just pestering people as they walked by the booth with the "hey i bet you a $1 i can get my dog to wish you a happy valentines day...come on...what's a $1?!"

he's very social...loves the attention & smiles right back at people..especially when they laugh at the timmy lines or if i include their names in the friends list.

on other fronts here..mr cooper my groundhog loving bassetter boy made his way to the buffet at the beginning of the month.  heaven help the groundhogs up there.  he was 11 & had congestive heart failure & dementia..he came to me at 5.5 yrs heartworm + & with an enlarged heart & displaced trachea.  his time with me was great, the best of everything..the best food, fun , friends, camping & groundhogs..all a bassetter could ask for..he left with a total of 11 at the dog park..i'm sure a record that will stand for quite some time.
 (probably forever since no other dog seems nearly as obsessive as he was).

i also adopted a basset/beagle puppy  from mid-atlantic named miss sally who.   she is now 8 months old.  she arrived late april & is just wonderful.  i knew mr cooper was fading & in january i told suzanne i wanted her so that the transition, when it happened would be a smooth one.  i just didn't think it would have been this soon.

buster hurt his back at the dog park in april when a large dog ran over him.  he was basically paralyzed.  he was unable to walk..but his tail & all the otehr important back end stuff worked he just couldn't stand.  the vet initially thought he might need surgery but the x ray was clear.  after injections of dexamethasone & many daily pills of same & crate rest as well as now a daily regimen of sod bosewllia  along with much crate rest he is now walking with almost a normal gait &
 miracles..back to
 countersurfing! altho i will admit it was nice to not have to worry about that for a while.

so that's the news here..been a little crazy..some good, some sad...but it all works out in the end.

"you have brains in your head. you have feet in your shoes. you can steer yourself in any direction you choose."     dr. seuss