[Dailydrool] Scolding the Houndettes

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:11:02 PDT 2010

My hair doesn't catch on fire very often with the Houndettes but it sure did
with one of our fosters. We have leather furniture in the living room and
had already found a corner of the footstool chewed on by someone. We really
didn't think it was Ginger (who generally gets blamed for everything because
she is such a PITA) but didn't catch anyone in the act so couldn't scold the
Houndettes for it. My sister and brother-in-law were visiting one day when I
happened to glance into the living room and there our foster Mandy was,
nibbling on the cording of one of the couches bottom leather pillow
cushions! I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me shrieking NO, NO, NO BAD
DOG!! When the dust settled, my brother-in-law told me #1. He had no idea
that I could move that fast and #2. Even if the dog wasn't scared (and she
wasn't!!), I scared the heck out of him! We loved that sweet girl and, if we
could have grown a fifth hand, would have kept her in a heartbeat despite
her eclectic chewing tastes (we lost a number of shoes to Mandy along with a
couple of leather glasses cases, leather gloves....you get the idea).

I really enjoy hearing the background stories of the BOTW hounds and being
able to match them with their slave. Jersey somehow made it into the contest
again this week. I won't bore you with her story since I just
recently shared it but I'd love to hear about the rest of the hounds in this
weeks contest. What a beautiful group of hounds and houndettes. Thanks for
sharing!!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, & Ginger