[Dailydrool] Morely

Leslie Rich leslie-rich at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 16:15:07 PDT 2010

Morely has had such a difficult time these last 2 weeks. We tried the
vaccine and localized chemo shot. It took him 2 days to get thru the
anesthesia mess and a few more days to start feeling better and more like
himself (but never got back to his real self) bringing us up to this past
weekend when he somehow swallowed 4 foxtails. For those of you who don¹t
know these horrid little things, they get swallowed or then stuck in the
throat, tonsils, eyes, ears or wherever. If they aren¹t taken out, they can
cause all kinds of grief... So, they put him under again and took the
suckers out. This was Sat afternoon and he didn¹t come back till this
morning. He had such a hard time last night, I thought he had actually died
in his sleep ­ wishful thinking on my part.

Final decision ­ tomorrow morning at 7:15 we¹re going to the vet and say
goodbye to him. We promised ourselves and him that we wouldn¹t let him
suffer and suffering is what happening. When I spoke with his personal vet
this morning we figured out that maybe he has had this cancer a whole lot
longer than we thought. But I don¹t think he¹s been suffering till very
recently.... I hope anyway.....

Always, we suffer with the question, ³Is he really ready?² Could he live
longer? Am I keeping him alive for myself? Suz reminded me yesterday that ³a
day early is better than a day late.² I¹m trying really hard to remember
this.

I am thinking of ALL our babies out there tonight. Prayers to all -
Leslie

Leslie Rich
Creative Wood Designs
Santa Fe, NM