[Dailydrool] Voting Shelter Challenge

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu Jun 24 05:31:31 PDT 2010

I truly have no idea how this works. I had someone tell me if they cleared cookies
and logged in and out of internet explorer they could vote as many times a day as
they wanted (i.e 50?). I can't, and I have tried on 2 different computers.

I do know this is the Drool's first attempt at voting, and we are starting to get the
hang of it. I am excited that even after our one week blitz Western Missouri is
holding onto 4th in that state. The top shelter has more votes, sure, but they
have a lot more voting weeks in.

UFBH would have had this next week. We are solid in Utah for $1000 prize.
But we have had our members voting for a couple years now so it takes time.

Wen of Senior Houndsabound has said she would also give up her week. If
GGBR can get into the CA rankings, we can reevaluate, but at this time I
think the best plan is starting next Monday, vote for Western Missouri until
the end and try to get them to the top in the state.

I know it is trial and error, but like I say, we voted for a heck of a long time
before Utah won anything--and I meet people I hardly know who tell me they
are voting for us--so it has to spread to a lot of people to work. Think
pyramid scheme. And every time you vote, click to donate food to the
shelter animals. Just takes a second and for a good cause.

Marilyn Briggs