[Dailydrool] vote vote vote

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 07:27:44 PDT 2010

Please vote for Western Missouri Basset Rescue, State of MO this week in the
shelter challenge.
So far this year we have spent $6000.00 in vet bills and our income was cut
in half when I lost my job last November.
For a small rescue we seem to have a lot of vet bills. Maybe because we
mainly seem to take in seniors, and owner surrenders that have not had
proper vet care for years.
We recently got a young one who was confiscated by a local police department
for neglect, she needs her final shots this week and will be spayed two
weeks after that.
Healing drool has helped Punkin to bloom into a regular Basset baby, her
ribs are still showing some but her overall health is good.
We have an older girl named Bacall, she has cancer all over, we got her from
the city pound earlier this year, she kept getting out of her owners yard
because he kept forgetting to put batteries in her shock collar to keep her
inside his electric fence. She came to us along with her lifelong companion
Bogey. They are so sweet doting over each other, Bogey tenderly kisses
Bacall with licks of love and helps her continue in her fight to keep
thriving. Becall is ten years old and her cancer had spread from head to toe
it had progressed all throughout her body before we got her. We took her in
to give her some happiness the last few months of her life. We are hoping
she will give us a sign when she is ready to go to the bridge.
It is increasingly hard for rescues to keep up the fight, you can help us by
voting in the Shelter Challenge here is the link.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3