[Dailydrool] Shooting dogs

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Jun 30 08:00:42 PDT 2010

<<Another woman said she too had been afraid of guns, but there was a
sharpei sitting in front of her door (when they lived in the country), and
it wouldn't go away. So she drove to Wal-Mart, bought a bb gun, came back
home again, and shot the sharpei in the forehead. She laughed when she told
us she never saw that dog on her property
again.>>

I suppose it would have been too much for her to approach the dog to see if
it had a collar and an owner and see that the dog would be returned to its
home? Or even call a rescue?

When we found a cute black dog at our door, we checked for his tag and
returned him home. Sure, he doesn't have the best family in the
neighborhood, but at least that day he didn't get hurt by a passing car. And
now I know where he lives, when he gets out again (as the clueless owner
told Drew he doubtless would). If I run into her at some point, I plan on
asking who her vet is, so if the dog is seriously hurt, I can take him there
and then have them call her.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets