[Dailydrool] Asking for drool and kind thoughts

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 13:54:58 PDT 2010

Ahroo to all!

Please send any spare drool you can towards our Lola, an ancient girl who has been in our rescue for a year and will probably live out her days with us.  She has come a long way in that year.  When she was first taken in, she was nothing but skin and bones...literally.  The rural animal control department was anxious for us to pick her up, probably cause they were scared she would die there.  She was covered from snooter to tail with flea dirt and she had a serious cause of pneumonia.  I really didn't think she would live.  She was so starved she wouldn't eat anything at first.  It started bit by bit, ground turkey fed by hand at first and then gradually over 2 months she was eating normally again.  Now a year later a large mass has developed in the back of her mouth.  With her age (probably at least 15), I am concerned about her snapping back from the anesthesia as I've not had good luck with the real old ones but I honestly don't think she is through
 living.  She has a good quality of life even if it means sleeping all day and night with trips to the food bowl twice a day and three trips outside.  To her, that is a good life so surgery it is.  She is going in tomorrow to have the mass removed and a dental while she is under.  I think she will wind up losing some of her teeth too.  So please keep your paws crossed for her.  I call her my opera singer - she loves to croon to you when she wants something.

Then I ask for some drool for me - I took it upon myself to do a new website all by myself and I am the most technologically inept person I know.  I've already hit the publish button so the damage is done - it will take 24 to 48 hours for it to show up so I won't know for sure everything is OK till then.  Talk about expanding my comfort zone!

Then finally, please pray for me.  I took in a 5 month old buppy named Sidney Sue.  She is a tiny lemon and white and is quite shy.  Bought in a puppy store in Virginia, the people were moving to the Honduras and had planned on taking her but when they got to the counter to check her in, it was too hot and the airlines weren't going to be taking any more pets until fall (and good for them too).  So here I sit with a buppy and I don't do buppies.  At least she had been well cared for and all vaccinations up to date.

Drool to all of you in need.
Pam Farris  Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.  www.BassetRescueFlorida.com