[Dailydrool] need to put some weight on a hound

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Fri Mar 5 15:06:12 PST 2010

HI all,
I was looking at the satin ball recipe in Elder Clara's cookbook, and decided along with my vet,  this would not do because it is so rich, do not want a round of pancreatitis!   Does anyone have a recipe, low in fat, maybe this is a contradiction,  that can fatten up a senior?  We need about 5 pounds on this old Beagle we took in, he just seems to gain some slowly.  He has gained,  but only a pound in about a months time.  Maybe that is a good pace?
The vet would like to see a few more pounds on him so I thought I would ask.
thanks for any info.

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org