[Dailydrool] Pw. Elder Clara In The Young At Heart Contest

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 14:54:00 PST 2010

Dear Clara,

I have just finished perusing the various entries in the contest and I would
like to mention just a few things.

First, you are by far the prettiest houndette in the entire 14 pages.  There
is also the added benefit that you are still breathing.  I was a bit taken
aback to note how many were already at the Bridge.  Shouldn't they be here
being Young At Heart in order to win???  Just saying...

Also, your Momma did a masterful job of writing your biography.  She pointed
out the important job you have as a spokeshound for Seniors.  I think that
it's important for others to know how hard you work for your fellow elder
hounds.  It's a very fine bit of prose.  I'm sure that it will capture the
Judges' attention.

Another thing that I would like to comment upon simply because it struck me
as being terribly insensitive and probably entirely wrong.  A canine entrant
was described as a Senior at the tender age of 7 1/2!  As a 7 year old, I
was shocked to see this.  I might go so far as "middle aged" or "mellow" but
I am not a Senior by any means.

Good luck to you, Pw. Elder Clara.  You deserve all the accolades that you
can get - and I'll wait to hear that you have won.

Fondly,
Lilie Basset