[Dailydrool] Ms.Brandy's prissy-ness

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:45:33 PST 2010

Sandi wrote "She does look like innocence personified so I'm sure many folks wanted to pet her. Did anything in particular cause her crankiness or did she come to you this way with abuse in her past?"

Ms.Brandy crawled into my lap and straight into my heart at 7 weeks old. She never had a day of abuse ( well I'm sure she'd argue that point...). She was deaf- and would startle when awakened. One was always careful to waken the end without the teeth first!
While she did not attack anyone- she would snap and scream. A couple of times her 'snap' connected with human hands. She would not continue to bite and unless you reached out to touch her you were perfectly safe. Around 8 or 9 years old she became more prissy about folks reaching to pet her. The vet thought that due to arthritis in her neck she may have anticipated pain before it actually happened. I'm sure the fact that she got away with "it" encouraged her to keep it up. She was really not nasty- more a chicken wrapped in bear fur :) There were two other droolers beside myself that she allowed petting from. Several more got quick pets in over the years. She certainly had a long list of rules and we all followed them.

droolies, Angelika