[Dailydrool] Cysts

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 11:10:10 PDT 2010

Hi Cindy
Well depending on what is in the cyst and whether the lump is in fact a cyst might determine how it can be treated.  By definition a cyst is a closed, bladderlike sac formed in tissues, containing fluid or semifluid matter.  If all 42 are in fact cyts then I suppose she could be given a light sedative and have each one blocked and drained.  But if there are some that are lipomas or other masses that have not been identified as to what is in them then surgical removal is probably better.  The cysts frequently refill but I have manually drained them and done a month of antibiotics on some a maybe all but one will resolve.  Then I just surgically remove the one that didn't resolve.  Flash is eleven and I normally just wait until I put him under for a dental cleaning before I remove lumps and bumps.  I have had some cysts removed surgically and some of them I have drained and treated.
Good Luck!

Laura
Flash
and Ryu