[Dailydrool] My Basset needs a Forever Home

Margi V margiv34 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:44:03 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am the "family' member of my Basset, Peepers.  I rescued her while I was
in Oklahoma.  She has been with me since Feb 2009 and we now live in South
Florida.  She is the 200% alpha dog and does not get along with other adult
dogs.  And since she keeps jumping on my blind Basset I have to find her a
home as quick as possible.  She has to be the only dog.

With the exception of her one problem she is absoultely fun to be
around. She's about 4 years old, tri-colored with a huge barrel chest and
she weighs 66 lbs (some of that is because of all the treats I give her).
She is strong as an ox so she needs a home that has stong owners.  She loves
car rides and when she sees me put my shoes on or hears the car keys she
runs to the front door wanting to go for a ride!.  Sometimes she when I have
the back seat up (I drive an SUV) she leans her back to the back of the seat
and with her paws on the window sill she looks out the car window.  I
laughed when I saw that.  When shes other people she wants to run to get
them to pet her.  As with most Bassets she is really good with kids.  She
doesn't mind going to the vet (go figure, huh?).  And she sits up!  The
first time she did it I freaked me out because I was afraid she would fall
over and break her tail.

One thing I cannot and will not do is take her to the pound.  But I need to
find a place for her ASAP.  I love her with all my heart and will cry when I
have to say goodbye.  If anyone of you know of someone that would consider
taking her please let me know. My email addy is margiv34 at gmail.com .

Thank you,
Margi