[Dailydrool] Question

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Fri Mar 19 10:30:56 PDT 2010

Hi Mary Ann,

Well, humping in the dog world occurs for a couple of reasons, but based on the ages of your doggies and their sexes, I think this is dominance behavior.

Your basset girl is 2 years old and getting out of puppyhood and feeling her oats. She might be testing the waters to see if she can be alpha over your Dalmatian.

I would take her off the Dalmatian's back with a stern no. After awhile she'll get the message. You may also want to walk your basset more to drain some of that excess energy; this way she'll be too tired to try and cause trouble :  ).

Hope this helps,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro
sue at pinksunrise.com