[Dailydrool] A Hero's Homecoming

Kerrie.Kerns kerrie at pminet.com
Fri Mar 19 11:17:27 PDT 2010

We lost a local 20 year old Marine to a land mine in Afghanistan last
week. I took off work and participated in his Hero's Homecoming in
Sugar Land, TX. For as far as you could see on both sides of the
highway were support groups, church groups, veteran groups, scout
troops and soldiers, and individual citizens with American flags and
signs to show support for him and his family. It was powerful. What
does this have to do with bassets? In my heart I know that in Heaven
our beloved hounds are with our soldiers, everyone is whole and
without pain and having a good ol' romp. Any child that left us too
soon is playing happily with our bassets. It is how I get by.

Last week I watched my HoneyBelle basset play with a soldier that
lost both arms in Iraq. She licked and nibbled his left stump and
sniffed and licked his prosthetic. He sat and petted and played with
her. I apologize if offend anyone, but this is the real world for
some of us.

Kerrie  ~ I will always be with bassets
HoneyBelle ~ Eddie is a hottie-when do I see him again?