[Dailydrool] Cowboy Sick - any ideas?

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 07:15:07 PDT 2010

Cowboy came down sick last night but I'm not sure what is wrong with him and
if it warrants a trip to the vet. Saturday night a friend brought over her
12 week old puppy and they played pretty hard. Cowboy was pooped and slept
through the night and well into the morning past his breakfast. I finally
got him to eat a little breakfast around 10:30 am and attributed the
anti-hunger to being wiped out by a puppy. Then yesterday morning another
friend stopped by with a brand new 8 week old bulldog and again Cow played
w/the pup.

Then last night he wouldnt eat dinner and I noticed him clenching in pain as
he slept. He has sensitive bowels so I thought it might just be something
like that and I gave him some pepto. He puked up the pepto pretty soon
thereafter and then continued puking another 5-6 times. He wouldnt drink or
eat and was only sleeping on and off through the night, continuing to clench
in pain. This morning he drank a small amount of water and hasnt puked but I
can tell he doesnt feel well.

Any ideas of what we can do for him? Do you think he needs to see a vet or
does this just sound like a bug? My only real concern is that he caught
something from one of the pups since both are young and not fully through
all of their vaccinations. Ru played with both pups too though and seems
fine....?

Thanks,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert