[Dailydrool] Itchy Basset

Jill Claassen clawj1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 10:34:55 PDT 2010

Our sweet basset hound Princess Lucy Loo has a very bad itching problem.  Her armpits and her back legs- she just will not let up.  And her chin- ughh.  She keeps getting this nasty yeasty smell.  We were told she may have allergies- tried the raw diet- tried benedryl and a few other super expensive drugs- with no help.  Then we tried some shampoo's and cortizone and we can not stop the itching.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I feel horrible stopping her all the time from itching but she will not stop and after hundreds of dollars of med bills for infections and yeast etc.  I am at a loss.  We have tried three different vets and still no relief- help!   Thank you in advance!!
Jill and Princess Lucy the itchy hound.