[Dailydrool] Here's some good news! Fiona & the Easter Basset

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Wed Mar 24 13:52:08 PDT 2010

What a sad week it has been on the drool, with houndies ill or passing on to the Bridge.

I thought I'd send a Fiona update, so we all have something happy to celebrate.

Fiona is feeling great and recovering well. I;m supposed to limit her exercise and have been taking her to the park in the stroller, so Lucy gets a nice long walk.  Fiona looks at me with longing eyes and just wants to get down.  i let her down for a bit.  She is still taking meds & sleeps well once we are home but things seem to be healing well. I've been calling her FrankenFiona because the scar is so long and noticeable. People think the cone is cute then the see the incision and wonder what happened.  I am still waiting to hear the biopsy results.

Lucy is dealing well.  She is napping in the sun, having exhausted herself chasing flies.  We have had nice weather and I've had the doors & windows open, letting the flies in.  Lucy is quite a leaper and I think she may have caught one in mid-air. I wish I could catch her in video, but she is just too fast.

The Easter Basset made a delivery at our house today.  Thank you Ohio Basset Rescue.

Drool to all in need.

Adrienne Gillespie, Fiona & Lucy