[Dailydrool] Lepto

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 21:27:24 PDT 2010

Here, too. In fact, many boarding facilities, day cares, and dog parks (in my area, anyway) require this vaccine. My vet suggested doing it two weeks after Basil's regular vaccines, with a booster three weeks after that. She did say that although it's the one most likely to cause a severe reaction, it's still pretty rare to see a reaction, and that if it occurs, an antihistamine shot will take care of it. Minor reactions can include temporary lethargy and stomach issues, usually lasting less than 12 hours.

Baz goes back for his booster this Saturday, but he was completely fine after the initial shot - no lethargy or anything else.

If you're concerned about reaction, you might want to have the vaccine
done early in the day to make sure your vet is still open if you need to rush back.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB