[Dailydrool] Schroeder is off to the vetman tomorrow...

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 07:46:47 PDT 2010

So, 2 things going on with Schroeder.  First he developed a red cyst type thing on the outside of his flews.  At first I thought it was a pimple or some infected hair follicles.  So after a week of various home remedies, I'm taking him in to get it looked at.  It's red and seeping.  I've been putting betadine on it these past couple of days and it looks like it's scabbing, but enough is enough.

Second.  Ugh. Butt problems.  Friday night he was chewing on the under side of his tail.  I thought maybe just a little hot spot.  Of course, me lifting or touching the tail of my boy is not approved by him.  I put some salve on the spot I THOUGHT he was chewing.

Then, last night, I finally got a good look at the whole shabang.  Here between the base of his tail and his poop hole (sorry if I offend anyone, I just don't know how else to describe it), it is looking red and swollen and bumpy.  So I am thinking this area is what's been driving him nuts.

Now my question...is this the anal glands area that everyone always talks about needing to supress?

He is in for a whirlwind tomorrow.  I know his delicate ego is going to bruise.  Might have to have extra special treats for him.

We send our love and drool to all....

Annette, Maya, Cassie atb, Schroeder and Sophie