[Dailydrool] spondylosis (?)

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 08:49:12 PDT 2010

My Minnie had spondylosis ans went down in the back.  I took her to the University of Penn and was told to take her home on 6-8 weeks of very strict crate rest.  Minnie was given some pred for a few days and also rimadyl.  I took Minnie back to the Univ of Penn in 10 days for a check up and they took her off of the pred and rimadyl and the head of Ortho told me to give Minnie ester-c 500mg twice daily with food.  After 5 weeks Minnie was up and walking again but for the rest of her life I gave her the ester-c.

I say this every time someone posts about their hounds and bad backs and I will say it again here.  Please go to www.dodgerslist.com and read all the great info found there for dogs with bad backs.  You can join their email group and those people are great in helping with your questions.

Take care,
Ellie