[Dailydrool] bassets and stomach issues

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Mar 30 08:15:02 PDT 2010

To the person concerned about stomach issues.  Here on the list, we
tend to hear from the people withe the problelms.  the other 1875
people with no problems say nothing.  so Just for informations sake,
I have been a basseet slave since 1972, usually with more than 1,
frequently with more than 15 and at times more than 20.  That adds up
to a lot of basset-years at my house.  In all that time, the only one
I ever had with stomach issues was Nugie who assisted Lazar Wolf in The
Great Refrigerator Caper (He opened the door and they then cleaned out the
bottom 3 shelves, the drawers and the door.)  She got pancreatitis,
not surprising since they age 2 pounds of Velveeta cheese and a 24 ounce
container of bacon grease among everything else.  She then had strict
dietary issues.

My dogs eat Purina Dog Chow, not a fancy food,
and they do just fine thank you. (these are show dogs, by the way, so
they have to look good). I do have 1 of m y current 19 with
apparent corn sensitivity who is on a corn free food.   First
time I've ever had that either.

So, I think it safe to say most
bassets are healthy as horses and eat like goats.

crazy basset
lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these