[Dailydrool] Kroozer update

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 14:24:57 PDT 2010

Hello.all.  I haven't posted in awhile but needed to take a minute to ask you all for some drool and prayers.  As some of you may remember, our Kroozer is an almost 13 year old Basset with terminal cancer.  He was living in Florida in rescue (Hi Pam!) but has severe thunder phobia.  Pam wanted whatever time he had left to be spent in peace, so Pilots-n-Paws flew (literally) into action and brought him to us here in PA.  He has been here for almost 10 months....outliving most expectations in a most majestic fashion.  However, our boy is seemingly going down a road that brings me to tears.  He is still eating and loves his walks (we call him our resident "walkaholic." Seriously, I can't even say "walk" in a sentence when talking about ANYTHING.... he starts Woo Wooing and dancing by the door.)  But he has started to wander around for hours, mostly at night but now starting during the day.  He whines.  He cries.  He stares off at nothing.  He is having more trouble with the steps and getting onto the couch.  He has new growths on his belly that bleed.  He is just not himself.  I knew when we brought him to us it was to help him end his life in peace but I couldn't have imagined how it would feel.  I do not want him to suffer.  I do not want to think he is in pain.  But when I look at that beautiful grey face I cannot imagine him not here with us.  This is the situation I have read about countless times on the Drool.....letting go when it is best for them.  Loving them enough to set them free.  We have an appointment on Friday with the Vet.  We were in once before a few months back and she said it was not time yet, but that it was coming.  And now I fear it's here.
So fellow droolers, if you could spare a small drop or a whispered prayer I would so appreciate it.  If it is time, I will be bringing him home to spend a wonderful weekend full of long walks and juicy steaks.  And then I will love him enough to send him on.
Hug your pack tonight.  Life with them is so precious.
Laura Moravinski