[Dailydrool] Gus and owning a basset

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 31 08:28:12 PDT 2010

Drool to Gus and I know I have said this before but to the lady
second guessing getting a basset there was this article in a dog book I read and also if I didn't send you The Calculating Basset please let me know. It was given to me by my vet who
accidentally found it in a library book author Susan Slader
But the book says :
*Bassets are not for lovers of classical beauty  (not true)
*Bassets are not for slaves demanding  strict obedience
*Bassets are not for fastidious housekeepers
*Bassets are not for slaves with bad nerves or feint of heart,
and on it goes,,,,,,,,,,

Unless you are one of the above
you should get a basset
We have had lots of dogs during the years and the basset was the
most interesting and comical breed despite their mulish nature
They will outsmart you every time!  For the most part they
are pretty healthy and very very loyal.
They are also goodwill ambassadors in neighbourhoods. I had five sons and like them the
basset attracts lots of attention - sons /complaints  'it was the marshall boys' that's when you get to know
the neighbours but bassets were  more liked for being bassets Another plus is Bassets do not
break windows, swear or talk back often!
Since I lost Miss Becky my social life (means I stay out of trouble too) is downgraded considerably
Good Luck
Georgie and Miss Becky