[Dailydrool] Poor Schroeder

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 19:55:29 PDT 2010

Hi Annette
Poor Schroeder.  They can very well act that way after they get surgery because the remember they were disoriented the last time they were there.  Anal glands can become infected when they don't express frequently.  They are supposed to express when they go to the bathroom but some dogs need to have them expressed.  As far as the nails go - techs (I'm sure Bev can attest) get excited about weird things.  Cutting long nails is one of their favorite things to do in the world.  There is a certain satisfaction associated with it.  This is also seen in techs who enjoy cleaning ears, plucking ears and expressing epidermal cysts.  The veterinary technician is a wonderous animal when kept in the proper habitat.
All kidding aside you have every right to say that you think he is a little too stressed for more.  I think if you let them know politely they will understand.
I hope you and Schroeder recover quickly!
Laura
Flash and Ryu