[Dailydrool] 5 Senior Bassets in Florida

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 10:30:08 PDT 2010

Hi all,

A man turned in his 5 senior bassets to a kill shelter in Central Florida.  That is outside my service area and beyond my capacity and Suncoast is too full both in foster homes and kenneling to take them.  There are 4 females and 1 male, ranging in 8 to 10 years old.  I have pictures and they are pitiful.

If any kind soul would like to come to their rescue, let me know.  I can get my vet to extend my rescue prices for any vet work they need done, I can help with transport from the shelter to the vet where they could be boarded until transport.  There is the pet airline that runs from Fort Lauderdale where I am up to New York and perhaps other places now.  I can get them on the plane.  In other words, I can help facilitate their rescue but I can't take them in.  These sweet seniors don't deserve to end their lives like this and without help, they won't have a chance.  Time is of the absolute essence.

Email me if you can help.

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com