[Dailydrool] Henry Basset

Maura DeYong mauradeyong at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 15:57:46 PDT 2010

Henry,

Please tell your momma that it is ok for you to "catch" a dead bird or mouse once in awhile. Remind her that you are a HUNTING dog by nature, and all of those little critters running around are just waiting to be chased and pounced on. It's in your blood, it's the way you were made.
Here in Florida, we have a lot of gray squirrels, rabbits, toads, lizards, possums, armadillos, mice, and other critters to chase. My momma says no bufo toads cause they are poisonous. But any lizard is fair game!  We have tons of moles too, and I even dug one out of the ground and caught it! My momma says stay away from the big 8 foot long lizards that swim in the canals with the big teeth. I guess they like to eat us hound dogs.

Good job Henry, happy hunting!

Belle the coonhound and my pack:  Trixie the beagle, Tank the bloodhound, and Sweet Polly the basset hound