[Dailydrool] Storms & Fireworks

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat May 8 08:48:41 PDT 2010

Happy Gotcha day to Willow.  Bad Momma for not taken you to the Pet Expo....I'm sure that she will find you a very special treat to bring home to you.

King George, having your 2 leg brother join the Marines is a little bit of bittersweet pride!  Proud of them for serving this great country but also you worry about thier safety.  Colt & Ruger will be slinging protection drool  to your Brother!  Semper Fi!

Skin healing drool to Holly Noelle, we hope that those bad itchies go way soon.

Henry, This is Colt & Ruger woofing at you...do you have one of them big dogs on your street?  Like a Rottie, or a german shepherd?  Maybe you could hire them as a body guard and help you protect your family jewels....that is what them dogs are breed for...for protection!!  Maybe hire Brinks security system and have an alarm system attached to the jewels.

Debbie, What an awesome story about Jake.  It is amazing how intune with us they are and how much love they have for us. Kisses and bellyrubs to all of your houndies. And a special hug to your guardian angel Jake!

My Shadow ATB & Wolfgang ATB were afraid of storms & fireworks.  If I could get the Acepromazine down them in time it wasn't to bad but if not then it was hell! They would pant, pace and then when the strom or fireworks started they would start climbing like they all of a sudden turned into mountain goats. Trying to climb on the top of the tables or on top of me if I was sitting on the couch...trying to climb up on my shoulders and get on top of my head, I tried crating them but they darn near ripped toe bones out trying to claw out of it.  I spent many of nights sitting up with them, TV's on, drapes pulled, dogs drugged and still trying to comfort them.  Fireworks were just as bad, and we live in town and everyone on our block seems to spend an awful lot of money on these things. Even though there are probably 5 big fireworks displays witin a 15 mile radius for 4th of July and 3 for New Years.  Then they also light them for Memorial Day.  And it is not just the holiday that they light them but for 2-3 days before and 2-3 days after. The actually holiday they start early in the day and will go very late into the night.  Very annoying when you got scared hounds. I just think of all of that money literally going up in pops and smoke. Just think of how many hounds could be helped!  Thankfully Colt and Ruger are not afraid of storms or fireworks, they just want to be in the house when it is all going on..   Still when the really bad storms or the big fireworks start going off I sit with them in the living room with TV on to muffle out the sounds. of the storm or fireworks...they lay on the couches and sleep right through it.  THANK doG!!

Drool to all in need!

Lots of love and bellyrubs to all the hounds!
Michele The Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger