[Dailydrool] Fire Tips

Bassetmomx2 Hound bassetmomx2 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 12:57:14 PDT 2010

The lint from a dryer is one of the leading causes of house fires, People
need to make sure that the "lint trap" is cleaned out properly and one
should even rinse the "basket" on occasion. It gets a "waxy" kind of build
up, even though the lint is removed, The newest dryers now have some kind of
sensor in them for the lint traps---but most of us have the older dryers.
Also, the exhaust hose should be checked and cleaned at least twice a year,
cause lint can build up in there as well.

My husband used to vacum the dryer--I thought he was a clean freak--but he
was a volunteer firefighter and he told me about all the dryer related house
fires and that is why he was vacuming the dryer. Needless to say, I clean
mine faithfully.

On a sadder note, some animals "panic" in a fire and will seek refuge---
some hide in closets or under beds, ect. Most of the animals my husband has
found (included one of his own dogs when his house burned years ago) were
"hiding" from the fire.  So, sorry to hear of the losses of homes,
belongings and Loved pets. And all the other precious babies who have gone
to the bridge.

Let's keep our loved ones safe!!!

bassetmomx2, Augie, Yankee and Loafer