[Dailydrool] Need DROOL for the Old Gus

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 08:56:54 PDT 2010

Hi all
As most of you all know my Gus is 15 1/2 and has been with me 8 years. Yesterday I came home from a day out with the other hounds. And he was on the couch looked like he was resting. I noticed he breathing was a bit odd but nothing to unusual for him. It was when I lifted him off for Dinner when I say that he was not well at all. His back legs were not working well he had withdrawn in to his own mind and did not even noticed me or the other hounds.
He benign treated holistically for canine cognitive disorder. I gave him a remedy then need to leave with a arranged meeting to transfer a basset to a foster home (I helping Alexa Paul Basset Rescue of Puget Sound another story) Called Joni on the way to her house I got there she arranged someone else to to it THANK YOU ALEXA and we headed back to the house. She also got hold of Sandy Gaston and Sandy guided her to get heart rate and breath along with temp. It was not good but she had us give him a second remedy and call the holistic vet on his cell. I got hold of him and he had us of give him his stats and we went in to a wait and see. He has had some improvement he walks steadier and drinking some water but no food. Consulted with the vet this am and gave him another remedy I well come home this afternoon to check on him and give the vet an up date. Right now he is sleeping comfortably.
We went through this back in Oct and he did recover. We have had set back since then but not this bad. I thought I was going to loose him last night but he is still with me and I will praise this day.

Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936
Wally