[Dailydrool] Bassets lowering blood pressure

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 16:53:55 PDT 2010

I will admit that at times, well many times a day Bazzle, Sadie Maye and Abby Gale will raise my
blood pressure to above the high limits.  Then there are the other times that we all know they lower
our blood pressure and bring a huge smile to our faces.

This is one of those times.  I am laying on the couch with legs up to rest.  Sophee Maree is at my feet.
Nelly Belle who is Momma's girl wanted on the couch.  She tried and tried to entice Sophee Maree
off with the "let's play", "someone is at the door" and even the "there is a critter in our backyard" fake outs.
Nothing works!  My girl is not about to give up.  No way is Sophee Maree going to get the couch with
her Momma!

So she backs herself up the two steps to the couch.  Slowly and surely, little by little she inches the
little couch Diva over.  First one leg then one hip is on the couch, then the other leg and another hip with
front feet still on the steps.  I am sitting here giggling quietly as she does the tushy wiggle to gain more
inches of the sacred couch perch.  My little senior girl is so sweet that she would never start an argument
or even snarl to get her way but she is so very quietly determined to get her way.

We are sending drool to all in need.  We are asking the drool fairies to help with the delivers as we send
out ducky drool in all directions.

Karen and The Dog House Gang