[Dailydrool] In response to Pam...

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 19:08:30 PDT 2010

" "Do you have to pay for that?" I was stunned, just stunned. Why would I think a veterinary internist would work for free?
It's not just basset people or the ill-educated who come up with these
things. I always wondered, if this man's mother died, would he expect not to have to pay the doctor?  Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets"

Oh Pam... this is a daily event for me.  Apparently I need not get paid for my work.  Nor do I have to pay my student loans.  Recently read an article that veterinarian suicides are increasing yearly.  Sometimes I feel like I want to choke OTHERS, but rarely myself :D

Perhaps he thought because it was at the University that you didn't need to pay for it?  Of course I'm always amazed that people who SEEM to be with it and well educated still say things like "colored person" (as occurred the other day) and my jaw drops to the floor.

I feel that someone must be trying our patience as a test.  And the reward is a basset hound head on your lap when you get home :) With that look that says "Did you have a bad day?  Tell me all about it whilst scratching behind my ears." Sigh.

Laura
Flash
and Ryu