[Dailydrool] tick removal

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:01:32 PDT 2010

Experience at the Vets and in grooming has convinced me that none of the
"gentle" removal systems work. Since one form of entertainment was to see
what actually made a tick die, and only tick spray, huge amounts of alcohol
(the non-drinking variety-- we were goofy but we didn't drink at
work--(altho some days it was soooooo tempting)---- flea and tick shampoo
would sometimes work but we often discovered that the tick crawled out of
the container before it died.
My suggestion is to stick to tweezers, forceps and a helper if necessary.
My brother used to remove them from me with a hot match, but I was four
years younger and after awhile I noticed that he only did this to me, not
himself....hmmmmmm.....(it did, however, work.)
 MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper