[Dailydrool] Moving--Can take Bassets

Karen Muchmore mom2jaxson at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 11:16:31 PDT 2010

I had to chuckle at this, as the hubby and I made a similar trip like this nine years ago when we moved from Tennessee to Colorado.  We had three dogs, two cats and a fish tank full of fish.  We had two overnight stops.  We'd ask the hotel if they took "a dog" then we would sneak the whole group in.  Watching my husband carry a tank of sloshing water was a hoot.  At one point, I walkie-talkied my hubby in the truck to say I need to pull over.  One of the cats has escaped the large crate they were in and was causing a commotion.  I am happy to report everyone (including all fish) made the trip successfully.  We were a little worse for wear, but we got it done.

Karen Muchmore
Loveland, CO