[Dailydrool] 10 Best Family Dog Breeds

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 06:37:49 PDT 2010

I was told by a woman the other day who bought her long haird chihuahua puppy from the pet store that she was told he didn't shed.  She was most upset because her favorite color was black and it would mess up her clothes.  Oh how I wish there was Social Services for dogs.  At that point I want to say "well when you don't think the puppy is cute anymore please contact me and I'll find him a better home."
I loved seeing the basset and newfie in the list but it indicated that any of these breeds will fit with any type of family.  There was no mention of the short life of Newfie's and their risks of heart disease and bloat.  Goldens and Labs are always portrayed as the world's best dogs but I see far too many fat untrained labs and goldens at 6-7 years old that still didn't get their brains and in fact may never.
When I was a small child my parents were going to get me a beagle - as I wouldn't stop bothering them to get a dog.  Someone at my dad's work told them a Dalmatian was a great family dog.  Ultimately she bit three people and the county made us put her down.  It was great being an 11 yr old losing your best friend.
There are alot of people out there would don't really want pets but get them because perhaps they think they are supposed to.  I imagine just as many as have children although they don't want them.
Oh I'm being summonded by my "lazy" senior basset hound to take him for a walk.
Laura
Flash
and Ryu