[Dailydrool] Moving with pets

Jaclyn Chancey jaclyn.chancey at gmail.com
Wed May 19 07:23:49 PDT 2010

Growing up, we moved with pets a few times, taking a cat from North Carolina
to Tennessee and two dogs from Tennessee to Texas. But I'll admit, you guys
are much braver than I am! When Will and I needed to move from Alabama to
Connecticut, we decided to drive the UHaul with the inanimate stuff and pay
professionals to move the 2 dogs and 4 cats. We used One Paw At a Time, a
small company out of Massachusetts, and the kids had a great time. The
conversion van had room for bigger crates than our vehicles would have,
including litter pans for all the cats. For each of the two nights, the two
women rented two hotel rooms and split up the dogs and cats. Plus, they left
before we loaded the truck and arrived after we had time to get in and rest.
Worth every penny!  :)

With drool -
Jaclyn and Will
Abbie, Josh, and the cats

P.S. I didn't mention before how much we enjoyed the Boardwaddle! Abbie and
Josh were also both tickled to have their picture as the lead for the Press
of Atlantic City's article on the Doo Dah parade (at least online; I never
saw the printed version). Josh particularly appreciated everyone letting a
rescue mutt pretend to be a basset for a day--at least he's got the right
coloring!