[Dailydrool] Remembering my Blueberry on her two-year Memory Day

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Sat May 22 09:06:55 PDT 2010

I can't believe that it's been two years since I touched and hugged and
laughed at and loved my Blueberry.  I don't know how I would have made it
through her loss without the incredible understanding and generosity and caring
 of my Daily Drool family.

Please take just a moment to think about my Berry girl on her second
Memory Day -- so that her special, glorious spirit will live on in your  hearts.

Blueberry was just love, unlimited love, wrapped in a wiggly fur coat,
with a goofy grin and silly, floppy paws and toes that smelled like Fritos and
ears like weary, velvet wings.  She was my Velcro girl.  She didn't  care
about walks or play or other dogs or other people, she was just content
always to be on my lap or next to me, or being cuddled and snuggled,  and
touching my face with her gentle front paws.  (Or eating  McDonald's double
cheeseburgers.)

Once when I came back from a couple of days in the hospital (nothing
serious), she immediately dragged herself into bed with me and wouldn't  leave.
That first day, she just kept sitting next to me staring at me --  "you're
really here!  you're alive!  you came home to me!" -- and  every time I'd
look at her she'd wiggle all over with joy, and vibrate  that wild tail so fast
it looked like a bumblebee, and then just  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.

I made up words to songs to fit her, and I remember that last day just
cradling her in my arms for hours, singing every one over and over.

Missing my Blueberry and my Duchess every day --

Cherishing their memories,
Beth H.
For  Duchess and Blueberry:  "You have gone ahead and nothing is the same,
leaving pawprints on my heart that will always remain." -- Tibetan Proverb
from  Prayers on the Wind