[Dailydrool] Mona still needs drool, please

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun May 23 06:38:36 PDT 2010

Hi all,  I haven't given an update on Mona for a week or so.   She is still not eating after her bloat.  Well, actually, her being off her food started about 5 days before her bloat.  We are syringing her 2x a day.  I have tried many suggestions,  and nothing much that gets her to sample with any sort of gusto.  Mostly she sniffs and turns away.  She will still eat about 3/4 of a pupperoni stick 2x a day, then doesn't want any more.  We have tried all sorts of canned dog foods, people foods,  fresh meats,  breads, sweets, veggies,  even green tripe.   I will say all the other Bounders are enjoying the leftovers.

Her mix that we are syringing her is puppy chow and vanilla ensure.  She has been losing weight and I wanted a mix that would give her the most calories without being a possible upset to her tummy.  She holds it all down and we are able to give her between 350-550cc each meal.  I do not know calorie wise if it is enough, but this is between 10-15 35cc syringes of her blended"shake", and about all she will tolerate.  She does not throw any back up, keeps it all down.  Is drinking well and has somewhat regular poops.
We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and hope to have an answer.  We do know she needs a dental, but do not think her teeth are the issue as sometimes she prefer crunchy foods to soft foods.

I know there are a couple here who I anticipated losing this year, however, Mona was not one and I am not ready for another to leave us.   Please keep her in your prayers and on the drool list.

SO many have left for the bridge lately,  our hearts go out to all the families, and the hounds who miss them dearly.

wen and the Bounders