[Dailydrool] Bogart- todays calander boy

Sharon Novy sharonnovy at gmail.com
Sun May 23 11:12:47 PDT 2010

Today's calendar boy is my Bogart.  It is the anniversary of his "Gotcha Day".  He is 12 1/2 years old and kicking along despite numerous health issues.  He has IBD which is controlled with meds and prescription diet as long as he doesn't get into anything unauthorized.  He has laryngeal paralysis which off and on bothers him but all in all is still minor.  His hearing is greatly diminished.  He still loves to go for walks after dinner- though we keep them short.  He curls up in bed with me every night and still holds the title of alpha in our house.  He is truly my heart dog that has been with my husband and I since we were engaged.  He has moved with us from house to house and welcomed two little boys who are now 9 and 4 years old.  At the same time time he has shown the ropes to 2 labradors and numerous foster bassets along the way.  He is the reason I got invloved in Basset rescue with AZBHR and I love him more than words can say.

Happy Gotcha Day Bogart!!!!
Love your mommy slave, Sharon Novy in Chandler AZ