[Dailydrool] Swamp Summer

Susan Green Suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Sun May 23 14:04:23 PDT 2010

Bev, I feel your pain.  It went into the 90's in south Texas the beginning of May.  It hurt me to turn on the central air during the first week of May, but had no choice.  And it's only gone below 90 a couple of days, and not cool enough to even bother turning off the central air.  We normally do not have humidity here, we're not as dry as Arizona, but not nearly as humid as the east coast.  But this year we are getting the humidity along with the heat, just lovely :)

Even with the air on 24/7 Holly prefers to lay in the kitchen instead of on her bed or pillows.  And at night she starts out laying in the bathroom, but most mornings I find her on one of her beds.

The only good that has come out of the high temps is that I don't have to worry about her wanting to stay out in the yard.....and worry me to death about our snake problem.  She goes out and does her business and comes right back inside.

Thanks to everyone that emailed me with information about snakes and what to do to keep them away from our back yard.

Suz