[Dailydrool] Snake avoidance

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Sun May 23 20:43:00 PDT 2010

Living in snake territory has it's scares, this is for sure.

The best advice I ever got about how to be snake secure came in -2-  parts:

1).    An old southern kennel trick is to bury a  metronome in a can large
enough to fit it.  Make sure its level and set it  to swing - the vibration
keeps snakes at bay - or so the cottonmouth old kennels  of the south tell
us.

2).    Golf courses have a cayenne pepper /cinnamon  herbal spray, this is
supposedly the big amen on snake guarding.

We see one rattlesnake a year, but all neighboring properties in the area
have huge problems......
Not sure if its because the snake avoidance works, or if snakes would
rather not slither where 100 bassets trod -

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
SAVE THE DATE: SEPT. 19, 2010 - WADDLE WITH US AT  SANTA MONICA PIER!!