[Dailydrool] Mona is home from the vet

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon May 24 10:01:51 PDT 2010

The ultrasound showed a couple things.  There are some small "tumors"  for lack of me forgetting the exact word they used, in her spleen, which they do not think is a huge concern.
Also her adrenal glands are enlarged and they are thinking of Cushing's,  but the blood work does not support that diagnosis, nor is she drinking in excess.

So we redid her bloodwork and her urine test as her urine is extremely dilute.  Her specific gravity is very low, I think, dang where is that paperwork!
And her blood work showed her kidney values,  BUN up a little although still well within ranges, but up from the prior 2 blood tests.  So she is on cipro right now for the bacteria infection in the urine, and we sent it out for a culture to be certain we are on target with the antibiotic.
Was told the infection could certainly cause her not to want to eat, but they also said she could be in early stage renal failure.  We will know more about that if we can clear up the infection and continue with regular bloodwork.
At any rate,  cancer seems to be off the table,  but still are going on with out a firm diagnosis.  I think sometimes you might never get a firm diagnosis, and that is frustrating.

Thank you to all who have sent a message and all who have her in your prayers.  She is so sweet,  at 14, I know I cannot have her forever, but sure am not ready to have her leave me right now.

wen and the Bounders

wen and the Bounders