[Dailydrool] Sprain/strain in front leg?

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 11:51:14 PDT 2010

Maura,

My little foster Sophee Maree, who is also 7 yrs. old, did much of the same thing.  She was running around the backyard with Bazzle and yelped.  She was holding up her front leg and I thought there was something wrong with her paw.  I could not find anything.  No swelling, no puncture, nothing.   When it didn't get better after a few days I made a vet appt.  The day she went to the vet I was checking her leg and found the source of pain.  When I pressed on both sides of the elbow she yelped.

The x-rays showed she had a lot of arthritis in the elbow and the vet thought she had a little piece of arthritic spur break off.  The vet started her on Rimadyl (yuck) and I started her on the SOD Boswellia and Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM.  She is off the Rimadyl and taking 3 of the SOD Boswellia now plus the GC with MSM.  Her pain is completely controlled and no limping.  She is back to bouncing and running around the yard.  The SOD Boswellia takes a couple of weeks to kick in so you have to be patient.

Oh, I had to squeeze with a good amount of pressure to illicit the reaction.

Just thought I would share this with you.  We are sending Tank No Pain and Healing Drool.

Belly rubs to all your gang,
Karen and The Dog House Gang