[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Sat May 29 11:25:38 PDT 2010

Our sweet wonderful Pearl has been diagnosed with this. At first they
thought Lepto (and haven't ruled that out) because her liver values were off
the charts Liver enzymes 989 and ALT 422!! They say they don't know if the
pancreatitis caused the liver values to go so high or if the Lepto (which
hasn't been proven yet) caused the pancreas trouble. Either way, she is a
sick girl! The only thing I can possibly pin this trouble on is a pig ear!
Purchased a new bag of them at Costco. Everyone got one last Tuesday evening
 Elwood and Maynard were fine on Weds. Pearl and Thelma-Lu had loose stools.
Pearl's loose stools turned to watery diarrhea QUICKLY. Then lethargy and
refusing to eat. Thelma is fine after some meds.

Has anyone else had this awful thing happen after just one pig ear? Needless
to say, I just purchased my last ear ever!! She has had these treats off and
on all her life without an issue. She's only 4 years old.

Anyway, would appreciate Drool being sent Pearl's way and any
advice/experience you may have to share.

Worried Mom and Gramma,
Melissa and Jo
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets