[Dailydrool] Adopting a Bloodhound

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Mon Nov 1 07:21:37 PDT 2010

We also adopted our first bloodhound after losing Harvey. She will be 2 in
December. If you are considering getting one of these "taller bassets"
please, please keep in mind they are NOT couch potatoes!! They require a LOT
of exercise DAILY. If they don't get it, they can become quite destructive.
Our Thelma Lu (Bloodhound) and Pearl (basset) take a three mile walk every
morning and also go to the dog park several times a week. Thelma is a love
and we ADORE her but she really isn't a tall basset. She's a whole other
breed!!

We just started her on some Man Trailing this past weekend and she is truly
amazing!! Gotta keep bloodies busy!!

Melissa and Jo

Bloodhounds also sling the drool a lot higher.
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org
New EMAIL ADDRESS!!