[Dailydrool] update on Radar & food recommendation needed

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:03:27 PDT 2010

We just had Radar at the vet.  His blood work will be back tomorrow but
we also had an x-ray done to check his insides.  It had been 6 hours
since he had breakfast yet his stomach was full of food and he was also
full of poop.  So the doctor is leaning towards the cause of the gas
filling his belly is the fact he isn't digesting/moving his food.  It is
sitting in his stomach fermenting and building up gas.  He is on a med.
that will help add in his digestion.  I will feed him 3 small meals a
day instead of just twice.  I also need to switch him to a new food.  It
has to be low residue, low fat and low fiber (not high in fiber).  She
said Science Diet, Iams or Purina have been around forever for a reason
and to check into one of those.  Not sure what I will switch him to, I
have to find a food.  Any recommendations?  We decided to wait on the
stomach tack surgery until he has been on this med at least a week and
see if it stops his episodes.
Thanks to those who emailed info. on the stomach tacking.  I felt we
were very prepared when we went in today.  Of course we are hoping that
this will all be solved by the food switch and medicine.
Just keeping you updated.
Take care,
Cheryl Stafford