[Dailydrool] Hugs to Dawn, a repawt from the field, James B., and other stuff...

craigscranton@aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 20:12:50 PDT 2010

 Dawn of the West - There will be countless stars in your crown in heaven for what you do for all hounds but an especially large on for BoW, the first red-collar hound.  Tears streamed down my face reading his story.  Heart healing drool and hugs wing their way to California to comfort you and his humans and his furend on his loss.  Bless you and your work.

Two of our hounds, Delilah and Dudley have been practicing synchronized sniffing lately.  It seems there is a cat who lives in the townhouse complex across the road from ours who delights in sitting either in the bushes or on top of the wall next to where the hounds have their walkies.  Apparently said cat ventured off their usual perch and had the audacity to walk on their path, leaving a trail of "cat" smells which sent the two of them into a frenzy of nose-to-the ground snuffling. First one way, then another - perfectly aligned, shoulder-to-shoulder, snooters nearly touching they went.  Fortunately, I use a Wacky Walker lead and coupler so instead of pulling my should out of the socket my arm simply stretched to the limits of the stretch capacity of the lead.

This has been an interesting week for Delilah as she has been VERY busy attempting to seek and destroy a bird who stopped to eat a bug or worm on her walkie path, also.  She was just meandering along, looking for just the PERFECT place to pee when all of a sudden she was on full alert, ears high - well as high as long, silky Basset ears can go - snooter twitching in anticipation of...well, getting that bird.   Another near dislocation of my shoulder and arooos of disappointment when the intruder flew away before she could finish him off.  between c at ts, chipmonsters and evil birds...well, a gurl houndie's job is never done.

Linda - You asked about James Bankston and his houndie.  James is fairly active on Facebook.  He and his beautiful houndette, Miss Belle, both just celebrated birthdays.  James loved Fred so much it was a very difficult decision to allow another hound into his life without feeling like he was betraying that love.  Miss Belle has helped heal the hole in his heart that Fred left and for that I am grateful.  I'm sure Fred had a paw in their finding each other.

Debbie - Was pawticularly impressed with Elder Clara's Thanksgiving message in the Senior Houndsabound Newsletter this month.  She's a special gal, indeed!

I, too, have ornaments made by the 'Tana Gurls momslave, Cookie Goldizen, and they are barootiful!  But even more so are her Christmas wreaths!  They are decorated with ornaments and Milkbones and all sorts of fun things.  Ours hangs on the inside of our front door all during the holidays so we can enjoy it every day.  These things are MUST HAVES for every Basset Crap collector!

Hubby had a follow up appointment at the doctor's today.  He had a nasty abscessed pilonidal cyst which put him in the hospital when the VA failed to treat it with antibiotics after opening and draining it.  Long, not pleasant story.  Suffice to say the head of that particular location is getting a scathing letter from me documenting their appalling lack of care.  Anyroo, he's recovering well, thank Dawg.  The nurse who cared for him today noticed my Basset Hound necklace (purchased from the Slobber Shoppe and quite lovely!) and said "Is that a Basset Hound on your necklace?"  I said yes.  "I have a Basset Hound" she said.  I told her we had four, three of which were rescues.  Her beautiful red and white houndie, Homer Henry, was also rescued from a local shelter and lives with them and his friend, a sweet pit mix.  We chatted for a few minutes about how much we loved our Bassets, the quirks of the breed, etc.  I told her about the Drool and directed her to check it out.  She copied down the web address and said she would when she got home that evening.  So, Pat - if you're reading this, welcome to the Daily Drool!

Hugs and healing drool to all who need it...
Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley